1. This hotel has such fascinating history. This has been a top hotel since back in 1904, John Jacob Astor owned this hotel and after he sinking of the Titanic which he was on, this was inherited by his son. The property has been through a number of changes in ownership and managements over its century old history. In 1932, the “Old King Cole” painting was created and places as the centerpiece of the new King Cole Bar at the hotel. This bar is an institution in the city and after prohibition ended, the “Red Snapper” was invented, which we now know as the “Bloody Mary.” Each time we enjoy one of these we may thank the St. Regis for this incredible cocktail.
2. Location, location, location… This is the ideal place to be in the city, nearby to many of the famous staples in New York, but also nearby to the hottest and newest bars and restaurants including The Polo Club which is directly across the street. This restaurant is in high demand and is known for hosting A-list celebs on a nightly basis, most are unable to get in to enjoy this exclusive underground bar and restaurant but the St. Regis will make it happen. This area is sophisticated and chic downtown, it really is the ideal address and within walking distance of Central Park, Fifth Avenue shopping, world-class restaurants and the theatres district.
3. This is the only St. Regis to offer personal butler service on all room categories, you don’t have to be staying in the top suite to have your every need catered to and met by your butler who is there at your beckon call to assist with whatever it is that you need. The flagship property for St. Regis is definitely setting very high standards in providing this exclusive service to all of its valued guests while also recently putting $90 million into its renovation of the entire hotel. Needless to say, the property is immaculate.
4. This hotel has gorgeous rooms, but they have stunning suites to meet each of our individual needs, as each boasts its own unique style. Sometimes you want to select accommodations that speak to you and your bespoke style, so at the St. Regis you have the option of choosing from thirteen unique Suites all with their own personal flair. Some of the Suites include but are not limited to are the Milano Suite, Dior Suite, Bentley Suite, etc… The beautiful thing is taste is subjective but I must say for me my personal favorite was the Tiffany Suite which is painted in the infamous Tiffany blue color and decorated with beautiful crystals and offers the ultimate elegance any woman would love.
5. The St. Regis only provides the best, so when you require transportation to your favorite restaurant or shops, they offer complimentary transportation to you in their beautiful 2015 Bentley Muslanne. This is offered to guests free or charge and to any site within a 10 block radius. How nice is this to not have to hail a taxi, but rather travel in style and feel like a New York elite even when you are traveling away from the hotel. My driver was lovely and provided great personal recommendations and took me exactly where I needed to be.